Parent Teacher Association
Welcome to the Rugby High School PTA page. Thank you for taking an interest in who we are and what we do.
The aim of the PTA is to raise money in a fun and sociable way and to provide the school with extra funding to spend on equipment and resources to enhance your child’s educational experience. In recent years we have raised funds to fund Operation Theatre Live, bought extra-curricular resources for Drama & English, and bought a new kiln for the Art Dept; just to name a few.
Every parent/carer that has a child at Rugby High School is a member of the PTA. Some parents/carers are more actively involved than others, but all help is always greatly appreciated by the committee members.
How you can Support Us:
There are many ways you can support your child’s education through the PTA. If you are interested in any of the below, drop us an email email@example.com and share your thoughts.
• Want to join the committee?
• Have a great idea for an event you want to share?
• Want to volunteer at events?
• Support us by shopping through Easyfundraising: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rugbyhighschool/
• Or support us through smile.amazon.co.uk https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1096030-0
• Or support us directly by making a donation through JustGiving https://www.justgiving.com/rugbyhighsch-pta
• Or perhaps your employer or business would like to provide support or sponsorship?
The Committee are nominated and elected at the AGM at the beginning of each academic year. As per the Constitution, the Committee consists of a Chairperson, Treasurer, Staff Member, Secretary, 200 Club Co-ordinator and a General Committee member. All Committee Members are Trustees in the eyes of the Charity Commission. The committee meets 5 or 6 times a year, and we are joined by a member of staff so as to ensure a close relationship with the school.
The PTA organises 2 or 3 events per year for both for the pupils and for the families that make up our school community. Our biggest event being the Winter Fayre which takes place in November.
Our donations for 2018-19:
We believe the PTA is pivotal part of the school community and creates an opportunity to come together and directly invest in your school and your daughter’s education. We hope that you will join us and support our events.
You can contact the Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org