Frequently Asked Questions
What career / university application support is available (especially for those who have no idea what they want to do)?
- We have a careers adviser.
- Our UCAS coordinator will go through the relevant forms with you
- University reps visit RH6 to give advice to you on writing your personal statement, applying for accommodation and finance
- We help students in their applications to Apprenticeships.Former students have taken up apprenticeships at the BBC, JLR, JP Morgan
What support is there for Oxbridge Candidates?
- The Head of Sixth Form runs an Oxbridge group and we also arrange practice interviews for you.
What is the recommended amount of time to spend on homework each week?
- 4 hours / week for each subject
Can you take 4 A Levels?
- Yes you can, but we recommend you study only 3.
How many students are there in Year 12?
- This year we have 159.
How do the free periods work and how often are they?
- Depending on your timetable, you usually get 10 Independent Study Periods/week it you take 3 A Levels.
What do we do in our study periods?
- You can volunteer once a week (lots of our students do this), you can do sport, homework or further reading round your subject
Can we go out at lunchtime?
- Typically you can go out at lunchtimes.
What Leadership Opportunities do you offer?
There are lots of positions of responsibility:
- You can put yourself forward to be elected to a prefect team: Current Affairs/Charity/Wellbeing/Environment/Learning Support/Performing Arts/Form Liaison Officers
- You can run for a position as House Captain
- You can put yourself forward to be one of the 5 Members of our Senior Student Leadership Team
What music opportunities are available/any performance opportunities?
- Usually we run a choir, a band to accompany our usual drama productions, students will be given the opportunity to lead ensembles, we train volunteers up as sound and lighting technicians.
What sports/activities does RHS offer?
- You can join a programme of sporting enrichment on Wednesday afternoons. You decide as a group what sport you want to do. It’s a chance for you to get active, play some games and have fun!
What extra-curricular clubs to do you run?
- Normally we have all sorts of clubs for you to join: Eco Club, Marvel Soc, Creative Writing, Photography, Get Lit, Art.If you would like to run a club yourself, we will give you any support you need.