Sixth Form Bursary and Free School Meals
Free School Meals
If your child is under 19 and in full time education, you may be able to get free school meals for them if you are on one of these benefits:
- Income based job seekers allowance
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working tax Credit and have a gross annual income of no more than £16,190)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit run-on
- Children who receive Income Support or Income based Job Seekers Allowance in their own right.
- Please use this link to apply - Warwickshire County Council
If you are struggling to make ends meet from one week to the next you may be eligible to receive some financial support from Rugby High School. Each year the school is allocated certain monies from the Education and Skills Funding Agency which it must use to offer financial support to students whose personal circumstances meet certain criteria or whose family income is low.
- If you meet the schools criteria for the Bursary and are subsequently awarded it – you can then spend it on text books and resources, travel to school, trips and visits as part of your courses, equipment to enhance your studies etc. Anything purchased with the Bursary becomes your property. The Bursary is a grant – you are not required to pay the money back to the school.
NEXT STEP - Download and complete the Expression of Interest form below. It just requires your name and form - nothing else at this stage.