Day 2 - Transition Work
For today's transition task you are going to be thinking about your vision. (When I say vision, I mean your dreams, hopes and highest aspirations).
Extensive educational research has shown that students without a vision - those who are doing A Levels but don't know WHY they are doing A Levels - are usually the first to feel lack of motivation when things start getting tough.
Don't worry: I'm not expecting you to know right now exactly what your ultimate goal in life is - but today's task will help you begin to reflect on what it is you want to achieve in the next two years, and beyond: be really honest with yourself!
All you have to do is to answer the following questions honestly and fearlessly, with reference to study adn work. Write down what you think and feel - don't be embarrassed! Try to answer the questions as sincerely as possible.
You don't have to show/ share them with anyone: they are designed to open up your thinking.
- If you could take only one subject what would it be and why?
- What lessons or elements of lessons do you find easy?
- What do you do with your spare time?
- Describe an interesting lesson you had recently: why was it interesting?
- What jobs do you avoid doing and why?
- When does time fly? When does it seem to stop?
- When does time seem to drag or stop? What are you doing?
- What job would you do for free?
- Who do you look up to?
- What would you try if you knew you couldn't fail?
- What puts a smile on your face?
- When you have a lot of homework which subject do you do first?
- Describe a homework task you have recently left until the last minute or not at done at all. Why?
- What do get obsessed about?
- What stresses you out?
- If you had an hour off work and a laptop what would you type into the search engine?
- If you were given a small amount of money to start a company what would it be?
- List five words that you associate with happiness.
This is going to link to the next transition task which is about "getting dreams done".